Thursday, May 31, 2012

Turn an ordinary crate into a toy container

Follow Me on Pinterest

 If you can't beat 'em... at least make it look organized!

Didn't take baby long to figure out it's a box of fun!
Our living room has slowly morphed into toy-central - against my best efforts. If you can't beat it, make an organizer for it! So I had an plain wood crate sitting around in the garage. With a little paint and imagination, this is what I came up with. The entire project was inexpensive since I had all the materials on hand. The deep red paint used on the crate was leftover from painting our kitchen. I applied two coats then topped it off with another two coats of polyurethane. To jazz it up a little, I cut out some circles and applied decoupage to the front and back to adhere to the crate. On the burlap I used a template and used a black sharpie market to color it in. Easy peazy!

For this project I used:
  • wooden crate
  • paint
  • polyurethane
  • decoupage
  • paint brush
  • black sharpie marker
  • fabric and burlap
  • glitter glue!
  • glue gun (glue burlap to fabric and buttons)
To improve this, I might add little casters to the bottom so when loaded up with toys, it doesn't drag harshly across the carpet.

Whatcha think? Have you done something similar? I would love to hear about it!

      No comments:

      Post a Comment