Monday, June 4, 2012

Baby Jar Match Stick Container

Follow Me on Pinterest


How about a camping tip?

Camping season is in full swing. As I searched through the camping containers to see what we have and what we still need, I found a plastic baggie of match sticks - some still placed neatly in the little box and others lying loose in the bottom. I thought there has to be a better way of storing these little puppies, and the first thing that came to mind was BABY FOOD JARS! I've been saving them knowing that they certainly would come in handy some day.

 

 

Add a crafty element

I decoupaged some wrapping paper to the lid. Cut a  circle about 1/2" larger than the lid. So that the edges lay smoothly around the side, clip the paper little less than 1/2" every 1/4 to 1/2 inches around.

Add matchbook striking surface

My matches came in a box similar to this. Opened it up by pulling the glued flap back and lay it flat. Then traced the top of the baby food jar lid and cut it out. The circle nests perfectly when place in the lid. In case that gets worn, I inserted another into the bottom of the jar for replacement.




No comments:

Post a Comment