My son and I made out-of-this-world alien valentine cards for his class. It was an easy, fun, and fairly quick project to do.
- Alien Valentine Template - download here!
- Bag of Hershey's Hearts or any other candy you can think of for the nose
- 8.5 "x 11" green paper, the thicker stuff like poster board is better
- Exacto knife
- Black marker
- Green pipecleaner
- Wire cutters
- Hot glue gun
1. Print the Alien Valentines Day template on 8.5" x 11" green paper
2. Crease on fold lines and cut out hearts
3. With the black marker draw the alien's eyes and lips on the front
4. Have your munchkin sign his/her name on the inside of the valentine.
5. Use the wire cutter to shorten the green pipe cleaners to 6" long
6. Adult job: Make two small holes at the top of the valentine with the Exacto knife. Just big enough to thread a pipe cleaner through.
7. Maneuver the pipe cleaner through the holes. On the inside of the card, twist pipe cleaners twice and shape antennas with a pencil.
8. Glue candy piece to front for the nose.
Happy Valentines Day!